Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, Beginning Sunday, August 9th, we will be changing our Sunday Mass Schedule.
Our new Mass times will be:
8:00am in English
9:30am in English
11:00am in Spanish
We are still holding our outside Masses at Silverlakes located at:
5555 Hamner Ave, Norco, CA 92860
We are still limited to 100 in attendance per Mass, which includes the celebrant, onsite staff, and volunteers. Attendance is based on a “first come, first serve” model for our Masses. Our ushers will take a count of parishioners as they arrive.
Please read the information below before attending our Masses:
The faithful of the Diocese of San Bernardino remain dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays. All those who are 65 and older or with compromising health conditions are asked to remain home. We will be live-streaming the Masses for all those unable to attend.
Stay Home if…
- you feel sick
- you suspect you may be sick
- you have a sick family member at home
- you should be under self-quarantine due to possible contact with a Covid-19 patient
- you are in the vulnerable population as defined by the CDC.
- Missals & Hymnals will not be available. Personal missalettes or phone apps may be used to follow along with the readings if desired.
- The Masses will be live-streamed via our Saint Oscar Romero YouTube channel and Facebook page.
***All of the above is subject to change based off of directives from the Diocese of San Bernardino and/or pastoral need.***
Coronavirus Mass Directives
- Please wash hands before leaving home.
- Please bring a water bottle for each member of your family. We are utilizing a tent at Silverlakes, and ventilation will be limited. We will be relying on the cross breeze.
- Families are asked to bring along a travel-size container of hand sanitizer or hand wipes.
- Everyone 3 years and older are required to bring and wear a mask.
- Maintain social distancing protocols of 6-ft separation entering, sitting and exiting.
- A basket will be available for your weekly donation at the entrances. We ask that you place your weekly donation in the basket as you enter the tent.
- Seating is limited to insure proper social distancing (6-ft apart in all directions). Families and those living in the same household can sit together.
- Ushers will be present to assist in seating.
- Ask the Holy Spirit for a disposition of faith and generosity to enter into Mass.
- Pray along with the Mass.
- Remember that out of respect for your neighbor there will be no sign of peace or holding hands during the Lords Prayer.
- Please note this change to the Liturgy; at the altar the priest will hold up the host and say “The Body of Christ” and we will respond “Amen”. This will replace any words during the reception of Holy Communion.
- The ushers will direct you into the reception line for Holy Communion.
- In preparation for receiving Holy Communion, while in the pew, please sanitize your hands.
- Please remove your mask prior to receiving Communion.
- After receiving Holy Communion in your hand please step to the side to consume.
- Please replace your face mask after consuming the Host.
- After Mass:
At the end of Mass, please remain in your seats until an usher dismisses you.
At this time please do not remain for private devotion.
- Please remember these guidelines are temporary and are for the safety of the entire Body of Christ.
We truly appreciate your patience and trust during these difficult times.
Feel free to call us if you have any questions about the above information.
To Jesus through Mary,
Parish Development Director
TEMPORARY MASS LOCATION
SilverLakes (Inside the tent)
5555 Hamner Ave, Corona, CA 92880